Military and Veterans Affairs
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs is your Reception Station at EKU. We are located in the Burnam House at 317 Lancaster Avenue next door to Irvine McDowell Park. Make us your first stop on campus.
□ Step 1: Apply for Admission and Benefits
- Apply for Admissions (undergrad, graduate & online)
- Apply to Regional Veterans Affairs, who will verify and approve your GI Bill benefits eligibility.
VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830
□ Step 2: Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online (EKU Federal School Code is: 001963)
- EKU Financial Aid/FAFSA Information
□ Step 3: Military Credits
- Explore academic credit for military service
- EKU is committed to giving your military service a fair evaluation and awarding you as much credit as possible for your educational interests. EKU also accepts credit by exam from DANTES and CLEP, which is a great way to earn academic credit for what you know.
- Contact theTesting Office at 859-622-1281 for more information or assistance.
- For Post 9-11 eligible veterans, starting in August 2011, CLEP exams can be charged to your student account and paid through the VA.
□ Step 4: Register for Orientation
- After admission to the university you will receive an invitation to sign up to attend Orientation. When you receive information about attending Orientation, you may sign up for a Freshman or Transfer Orientation. Regardless of the invitation you receive, we encourage Veterans to sign up for one of theTransfer Orientation. First time students should attend a Freshman Orientation.
- If you have any questions while registering for Orientation, please call First Year Programs at (859) 622-2285, and please be sure to tell them that you are a veteran.
□ Step 5: Complete Course Enrollment Form
- All military, veteran and dependent students must complete an electronic course enrollment form in order to initiate the processing of their claim to the VA for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button when finished and it is delivered to our central office email for faster processing.
- A Course Enrollment Form must be submitted each term AFTER register for classes.