Military and Veterans Affairs
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs is your Reception Station at EKU. We are located in the Burnam House at 317 Lancaster Avenue next door to Irvine McDowell Park. Make us your first stop on campus.
Step 1: Apply for Admission and Benefits
- Apply for Admissions (undergrad, graduate & online)
- Fill out the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) or fill out and mail a paper application.
VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830
Step 2: Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online (EKU Federal School Code is: 001963)
- EKU Financial Aid/FAFSA Information
Step 3: Military Credits
- Explore academic credit for military service you will need to approve the security since this is a secure website then login.
- EKU accepts credit by exam from DANTES and CLEP, which is a great way to earn academic credit for what you know.
- Contact the Testing Office at 859-622-1281 for more information or assistance.
- Post 9-11 eligible veterans, starting in August 2011, CLEP exams can be charged to your student account and paid through the VA.
Step 4: Register for Orientation
- After admission to the university you will receive an invitation to sign up to attend Orientation. Regardless of the invitation you receive, we encourage Veterans to sign up for one of the Transfer Orientation days.
- If you have any questions while registering for Orientation, please call First Year Programs at (859) 622-2285, and please be sure to tell them that you are a veteran.
Step 5: Complete Course Enrollment Form
- All military, veteran and dependent students must complete an electronic course enrollment form in order to initiate the processing of their claim to the VA for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button when finished and it is delivered to our central office email for faster processing.
- A Course Enrollment Form must be submitted each term AFTER register for classes.
- A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility needs to be on file for the Military and Veteran Affairs Offcie to process your paperwork.