Veteran Studies Program
The Veterans Studies Program (VTS) offers a unique, multi-disciplinary program that provides veterans and non-veteran students a foundation of understanding regarding military structure, culture, combat, and the psychological and physiological changes resulting from military service. This first-of-its-kind program is dedicated to educating non-veterans about Veteran issues. The VTS program facilitates an environment of inquiry about the transformative nature of military service to include the return to civilian life. The program provides students the knowledge necessary to improve services for veterans and their interation and relations with veterans.
The following courses are available in the Fall 2013 semester as applicable to the Veterans Studies Program (VTS). Please contact Deanna Kasitz for more details about the program or instructors of the listed course.
VTS 200 - Introduction to Veterans Studies
- CRN 14120 - WEB (100% online)*
- CRN 16090 - WEB (100% online)
MLS 303 - American Military History
- CRN 10293 - TR 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (Begley Building)
PLS 375 - Terrorism/Counterterrorism
- CRN 16528 - W 6:00 - 8:45 p.m. (Stratton 423)
- CRN 15891 - WEB (100% online)*
POL 415 - Terrorism and Political Violence
- CRN 12740 - TR 12:30 - 1:45 p.m. (Moore 107)
CDF 437 - Family Stress and Resilience
- CRN 11886 - W 3:00 - 5:45 p.m. (Burrier 405)
PSY 308 - Abnormal Psychology
- CRN 11904 - R 6:00 - 8:45 p.m. (Cammack 229)
- CRN 15175 - MWF 11:15 a.m. - 12:05 p.m. (Cammack 224)*
- CRN 12842 - TR 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (Moore 107)*
- CRN 11044 - TR 12:30 - 1:45 p.m. (Roark 006)*
- CRN 12635 - R 6:00 - 8:45 p.m. (CORBIN)
- CRN 12875 - TR 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. (DANVILLE)
*Courses are currently at capacity. A student wishing to be considered for a capacity override should contact the course instructor directly. Students should continue to monitor the course schedule in case students drop or new sections of the course(s) are added. If a course is needed to complete minor or certificate requirements, please notify Deanna Kasitz for assistance.
For more information contact the Director of Veterans Studies, Allen Back at 859-622-2345.