Office of Military and Veteran Affairs
Eastern Kentucky University is committed to working side by side with veterans who seek to further their education. In 2010, EKU unveiled Operation Veteran Success, a series of initiatives designed to make Eastern an even more veteran-helpful campus. Those initiatives include:
- No admission fees for undergraduate veterans or dependents.
- In-state tuition for all out-of-state veterans nationwide (Online rate is one set rate for both out of state and instate)
- Maximum credit hours for military experience
- Priority registration
- Book vouchers and Books for Boots Exchange Library
- Veterans orientation course
- Veteran-helpful withdrawal and readmission policy
- Active EKU Vets Club
- Recreational and other extracurricular activities
For the past six years, EKU has been ranked in the top 10% of Best for Vets: Colleges in the nation by Military Times, and has been ranked as a top Military-Friendly university by GI Jobs Magazine.
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs is your Reception Station at EKU. We are committed to your student success. Make us your first stop on campus, and come see us at the Burnam House at 317 Lancaster Avenue, next door to Irvine McDowell Park.
Questions? Fill out the Information Request Form for a quick email response, or contact the MVA Office at EKU at 859-622-2345.
***GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.vets.gov.