Student Veterans Association (SVA)
The Student Veterans Association (SVA) at EKU is a Registered Student Organization whose purpose is to assist in promoting the morale, welfare, and assimilation of Veterans, their family members, and those that support them into the campus community.
Come Join Us!
SVA is an opportunity to:
- Establish a support network of veteran and military-connected students
- Build your resume through additional leadership experience as chapter officers or by developing service projects
- Provide advice to faculty and staff about how to improve YOUR student experience
- Build a professional network of fellow students with whom you share majors and career aspirations
- Build upon our status as a chapter of Student Veterans of America (studentveterans.org), an organization that provides members with opportunities for career and leadership development across the country
- Hold tailgates, socials, movie nights and other events to connect and maximize our college experience
SVA is open to all Veterans and military-connected students as well as those who want to support veteran students. There are no membership dues. Members are categorized as veterans, active duty, and Reserve/Guard) or Contracted Cadets; Associate (military dependents and all other EKU students who want to support veterans).
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the Student Veterans Association President, Alex Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-445-9919
Social Media Officer
Barbara Kent, MPA
Director & Army Veteran
Office of Military & Veterans Affairs