EKU VETS Club
EKU VETS (Veteran Education and Transition Support) Club is a Registered Student Organization whose purpose is to "assist in promoting the morale, welfare, and assimilation of Veterans, their family members, and those that support them into the campus community."
In the coming weeks and months, we want EKU VETS to become an online (and eventually in-person) platform for you to:
- Establish a support network of veteran and military-connected students though virtual meetings
- Build your resume through additional leadership experience as chapter officers or by developing service projects
- Provide advice to faculty and staff about how to improve YOUR student experience
- Build a professional network of fellow students with whom you share majors and career aspirations
- Build upon our status as a chapter of Student Veterans of America (studentveterans.org), an organization that provides members with opportunities for career and leadership development across the country
- Create virtual gaming events, movies nights and other events to connect with each other and relieve some stress that we all are feeling
EKU VETS is open to all Veterans and military-connected students as well as those who want to support veteran students. There are no membership dues. Members are categorized as Full Veterans, active duty, and Reserve/Guard) or Associate (military dependents and all other EKU students who want to support veterans).
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the EKU VETS Club Vice President, Mitchell Kirtley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barbara Kent, MPA