Skip to main content

Course Enrollment Form

Scroll down after carefully reading the below information.  BEFORE completing this form, you MUST be registered for classes for the semester you are applying for benefits .

This form must be filled out every semester. If you make any changes to your schedule, you must complete a new form. A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility must on file for the Military and Veteran Affairs Office in order for your paperwork to be processed.

Note: All courses must be required for a student's program of study in order to be certified for benefits. 

Any student using GI Bill® benefits and enrolling in an aviation course must be registered before the published add/drop deadline of each course.  This restriction includes flight labs as well as lecture courses. Adding an aviation course after the published add/drop deadline will result in course tuition and fees not being fully funded by the VA and can create a debt for the student.

Students using GI Bill® benefits to fund an aviation course must complete each course and/or flight lab within one year of initial registration; failure to do so will result in the student being assigned a grade of NC (No Credit).  Students using GI Bill benefits must repay to the VA the cost of any course in which a grade of NC is earned.  Please see the list of flight fees for assigned flight courses at  


Everyone must provide an EKU ID number.  For questions about your EKU I.D. number go to:

If this is your first time using VA benefits at EKU, please call 859-622-2345 to provide your SSN.  Your SSN is required for your claim to be processed.  

Your benefit payments will be sent to the above address or direct deposited to the account you indicated in your VA application.
If this information changes contact the VA Regional Office at 1-888-442-4551.

Below, designate the term/year and credit hours for which you have already registered.  If you are registered for more than one semester, please submit a separate Course Enrollment Form for each semester for which you have already registered (e.g. Spring/Summer, etc.).  

All classes listed for benefits must be required in either university studies, major program, or free electives as prescribed in the Eastern Kentucky University Catalog.  This office uses the University's DegreeWorks audit as the basis for certification.  Any changes in degree, prerequisites, needs, or other changes in standard programs require written approval from college faculty and must be provided by the student to the VA Office (in the Burnam House at 317 Lancaster Avenue next door to Irvine McDowell Park).  Classes must always reduce hours required to complete the degree goal.  Classes taken in an audit status or other non-credit form cannot be certified.  This form and any accompanying paperwork must be filled out and processed for all terms for which payment of benefits are requested. Persons who accept payments for coursework that does not comply with the above instruction may be subject to fraud charges and may be prosecuted by the Veterans Administration for the recovery of overpayment.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/