Federal Tuition Assistance
Each branch of service has its own rules and procedures regarding Federal Tuition Assistance, but service members may be eligible for up to $4,000 in educational benefits per year. These funds are paid directly to the university to be applied towards tuition expenses
Military.com explains each service's TA program and provides links to each service's TA websites:
Army or Activated Guard/Reserves (AGR): https://www.armyignited.com/
Air Force: https://afvec.us.af.mil/afvec/public/welcome
Coast Guard: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
Marine Corps: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil
***If you have questions about KY National Guard State Tuition Assistance, please click HERE to access the KY National Guard/Reserve Student Checklist.
Tuition Assistance Authorization Form Submission
Students using federal tuition assistance through the Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard to fund their classes must submit approved TA Authorization form(s) to EKU in order for TA funds to be applied to student accounts.
Please click HERE to submit your approved TA Authorization form(s). Your authorization form(s) will be sent to Student Accounting, and will be processed as soon as possible in the order it is received.
Please be sure that you are submitting the actual approved and signed TA authorization form(s) for your individual classes, and not simply a screenshot of your approval to utilize federal tuition assistance.
Due to large submission volume, it make take time for your TA to be applied to your student account. We appreciate your patience.
Army Federal Tuition Assistance
If this is the first time you will be utilizing Army federal Tuition Assistance, please see the below steps to set up your account and request TA. If you have already established an account in Army Ignited and have used Army Tuition Assistance previously, please skip to Step 4.
Army IgnitED Tuition Assistance Process
1. Visit www.armyignited.com to create an account.
2. Select a Degree Path in the Army Ignited portal. Your degree path does not have to be your exact degree, but can be a general area of study related to your major.
3. EKU will be notified of your Degree Path request in the Army Ignited Queue, approve your Degree Path, and upload your official Degree Plan to the portal.
4. Once your Degree Plan has been uploaded, click HERE to request to have your Class Schedule loaded to the Army Ignited Portal for the upcoming semester. You will be notified via email when your classes have been uploaded.
Note: TA requests must be approved in the Army Ignited portal by the class start date, so be sure to submit your request to have your class schedule uploaded to the portal as soon as possible, after you have registered for classes.
5. Log into the Army Ignited portal, and select the classes from your schedule for which you want to request TA.
6. Your TA Requests will be auto-approved or denied based upon the requirements in your Degree Plan. You do not need to submit a TA Authorization to EKU for approved classes.
Note: You are not required to request TA for all of your classes that are loaded to the portal. Army Ignited requires your full schedule of classes to be uploaded so that your degree conferral can be reported to Army Ignited when you graduate.
7. Student Accounting will invoice the Army for your classes, and apply the funds to your student account as soon as possible.