Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
Guided by the University's vision and strategic plan, as well as the knowledge that Veterans offer a unique academic and social perspective to the University, the mission of the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at Eastern Kentucky University is to support all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces and their families by providing exceptional programming, delivery of services, and advocacy in attaining their educational goals and reaching their highest potential, both in the classroom and beyond.
Eastern Kentucky University has a long history of providing high-quality, accredited programs and exceptional delivery of services to veterans, active duty service members, and military dependents.
That is why EKU has consistently been ranked in the top 10% (and number 1 in Kentucky) "Best for Vets" by Military Times magazine.
Here are some of the support services that sets EKU apart in helping you achieve your educational goals:
- No admission fee for undergraduate veterans, active duty servicemembers, or military dependents
- Reduced Active Duty Tuition Rate* ($250 for undergraduate and $325 for graduate)
- Maximum credit hours for military experience
- Priority registration and book vouchers upon request
- Veteran cohort classes
- Dedicated space that includes a computer lab, hospitality station, and access to OMVA staff and services
- Dedicated Veteran and Active Duty Supplemental Academic Advisor
- Senior Certifying Official with an additional Supplemental Certifying Officials to ensure federal entitlement is received ASAP
- Resident "Vet Success on Campus" VA Counselor
- Veteran and military-specific Institutional and Membership scholarship opportunities
- Military-helpful withdrawal and readmission policy
- Active EKU VETS Club and SALUTE National Honor Society Chapter
*certain restrictions apply