Reduced Active Duty Tuition Rate
Eastern Kentucky University offers reduced tuition rates of $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses and $325 for graduate courses* to eligible active service members who are not utilizing any other form of federal or state military education entitlement other than Tuition Assistance (TA).
Some restrictions apply; if you have questions regarding your eligibility for the Active Duty Rate, please call our office at 859-622-2345 or email EKUVets@eku.edu.
*Note: The following programs are not eligible for the Reduced Active Duty Rate: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing Practice, and BS/Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
How to claim your Active Duty Military Rate:
- Open Chrome or Internet Explorer and visit https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/#/single-record.
- Enter your information to create a free account.
- Provide the information requested on the "Single Record Request" tab to obtain a report certifying active duty status.** (Only enter the required information designated by the red asterisks - Name, DOB, SS#)
- Submit your Certificate of Active Duty Status to the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at EKUVets@eku.edu. Please include your EKU Student ID #.
Important Information for Students!
- All students (including continuing and returning) must provide a Certificate of Active Duty Status prior to the beginning of each academic year, after August 1.
- Students must submit the Certificate of Active Duty Status prior to the Add/Drop deadline in the first term of each subsequent academic year. Please go to Colonels Compass for Add/Drop deadlines based upon your registered terms.
- The Active Duty Military Rate cannot be applied retroactively.