Reduced Active Duty Tuition Rate
Eastern Kentucky University is proud to offer reduced online tuition rates of $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses and $325 for graduate courses* to eligible service members.
Some restrictions apply; if you have questions regarding your eligibility for the Active Duty Rate, please call our office at 859-622-2345 or email EKUVeteransAffairs@eku.edu
*Note: Regular online tuition rates apply to the following programs: Master of Science in Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing Practice, and Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
How to claim your Active Duty Military Rate:
- Open Chrome or Internet Explorer and visit https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/#/single-record.
- Enter your information to create a free account.
- Provide the information requested on the "Single Record Request" tab to obtain a report certifying active duty status.** (Only enter the required information designated by the red asterisks - Name, DOB, SS#)
- Submit your Certificate of Active Duty Status to the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at EKUVeteransAffairs@eku.edu. Please include your EKU Student ID #.
- Students falling under Title 10 or Title 32 will need to submit a copy of their federal active duty orders, indicating active duty service of at least 180 days, in order to qualify for the online Active Duty Military Rate.
Important Information for Students!
- All students (including continuing and returning) must provide a Certificate of Active Duty Status prior to the beginning of each academic year, after August 1.
- Students must submit the Certificate of Active Duty Status prior to the Add/Drop deadline in the first term of each subsequent academic year. Please go to Colonels Compass for Add/Drop deadlines based upon your registered terms.
- The Active Duty Military Rate cannot be applied retroactively.