Reduced Military Tuition Rate
Eastern Kentucky University offers reduced tuition rates of $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses* and $325 for graduate courses* to eligible services members currently serving on active duty and/or serving in the Reserves/National Guard.
For information regarding the Reduced Military Spouse Rate click on the Military Spouse Checklist and scroll down to #5
*Note: The following programs are not eligible for the Reduced Active Duty Rate: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing Practice, and BS/Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
How to claim your Reduced Military Tuition Rate:
- Open Chrome or Internet Explorer and visit https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/#/single-record.
- Enter your information to create a free account.
- Provide the information requested on the "Single Record Request" tab to obtain a report certifying active duty status.** (Only enter the required information designated by the red asterisks - Name, DOB, SS#)
- Submit your Certificate of Active Duty via our Student Document Portal
- Reserve/National Guard submit Title 10 or Title 32 orders
- All students (including continuing and returning) must request the Reduced Military Rate prior to the beginning of each academic year, after August 1.
- Students must submit the Certificate of Active Duty Status prior to the Add/Drop deadline in the first term of each subsequent academic year. Please go to Colonels Compass for Add/Drop deadlines based upon your registered terms.
- The Reduced Military Rate cannot be applied retroactively.