SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society
Standards for Student Membership:
All Undergraduate Students selected for induction to SALUTE must meet the following criteria
- Qualify as military/veteran student under locally-derived and maintained definitions. Applicant must submit a DD-214 Member 4 copy that displays the character of service (honorable discharge). Applicants currently serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
- Be currently enrolled as a student, and have a minimum of 12 course credits, for undergraduates
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
- The undergraduate GPA tiers are broken down according to the following:
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75 – 4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50 – 3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25 – 3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00 – 3.24
All Graduate Students need to have completed 9 credit hours, hold at least a 3.5 GPA, and will be classified as “SALUTE Gold Member.”
Tier Upgrade Mobility
- Members are encouraged to move up to the next higher tier level as their GPA increases. This serves to motivate students to strive for improvement. Higher tier levels have opportunities for greater scholarship money and receive updated materials, such as, a new certificate along with a personalized letter of recommendation from SALUTE National.
Benefits of individual membership include:
- One-time payment for lifetime membership
- A certificate and military-style challenge coin commemorating membership in SALUTE and specific level of academic achievement
- Compete for Scholarships
- Enhance your resume with formal academic acknowledgement and engage in local leadership positions
- Opportunities to network, as well as, receive and give assistance to fellow student veteran members
- Wear SALUTE Honor’s regalia to demonstrate academic achievements as a veteran status at graduation
- Participate in local, and National, SALUTE programs
For more information about joining SALUTE, please contact the EKU VETS Office at EKUVeteransAffairs@eku.edu.
“I promise to uphold the ideals and further the aims of SALUTE. By doing so, I’m showing my continued achievements and success–as well as– increasing my value to my college, my community, and promoting the same for future student veterans”