VA Work Study Program
Want to be part of the VETS|Ready Team? Join us and help your fellow students!
Eligibility: EKU veteran and military students (including dependent children and spouses) using GI Bill® benefits and enrolled at least 3/4 time
Benefits: Flexible work schedule; hours dependent upon VA allotment and department needs (up 25 hours per week)
Pay: $7.25 (non-taxed)
- Serve as a first-contact representative for the Office of Military & Veterans Affairs and VETS Center in Powell, both in person and over the phone
- Customer service duties including, but not limited to, answering phone inquiries, greeting students and visitors at the front reception desk, and assisting students with benefits application
- Promote interaction and distribute information to students and families
- Basic computer skills, attention to detail, great customer service skills
- Friendly and outgoing, with a genuine desire to serve as a positive example for prospective and incoming students
- Flexible, open to new responsibilities, and adaptable to change
Not sure if you are eligible and/or want more information? Email us at EKUVeteransAffairs@eku.edu, or stop by our new space in Powell 137!
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).