Veteran Student Emergency Fund
Emergency funds have been established by the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Program Trust Fund in helping veteran students succeed. When funding is available, micro-grants (up to $500) are provided to meet one-time, Qualifying Emergency Needs that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at Eastern Kentucky University (EKU).
To be eligible, you must be:
1. A currently enrolled EKU veteran student utilizing a form of Veterans Affairs Education Benefit and enrolled at least 3/4 time.
2. Honorably or Generally Discharged from military service (applicant must provide a copy of their DD 214).
3. Be in Good Academic Standing.
4. Have not applied for graduation in the semester the grant is awarded.
1. The veteran student applicant must demonstrate that the emergency support is directly tied to their ability to progress in college.
2. Funds requested are intended for a one-time emergency need and will not be made available to cover ongoing needs or expenses.
3. If an application is approved, checks/debit payment/credit card payment will be made payable to the company or organization owed and not payable directly to the student. Supporting documents (invoices, quotes, etc.) must be presented with the application.
4. Funds will not be made available to cover any costs related to attendance at EKU (tuition, fees, textbooks, parking passes, etc.).
Please complete the below application if you wish to apply for funding from the Student Veteran Emergency Fund. Questions can be sent to EKUVeteransAffairs@eku.edu.