Guided by the University's vision and strategic plan, as well as the knowledge that Veterans offer a unique academic and social perspective to the University, the mission of the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at Eastern Kentucky University is to support all current and former members of the United States Armed Forces and their families by providing exceptional delivery of services, programming and advocacy in attaining their educational goals and reaching their highest potential, both in the classroom and beyond through our Veterans Education & Transition Support (VETSSM) initiative.
You're Ready. We're VETS|ReadySM.
Eastern Kentucky University has a long history of providing high-quality, accredited programs and exceptional delivery of services to veterans, active duty service members, and military dependents.
Here are just some of the reasons why EKU is VETS|ReadySM:
- Our VETS|ReadySM Team ensures efficient, centralized delivery of services and programming from application through graduation and beyond
- Maximum credit awarded for your military training and experience, which can be applied to your degree program and/or free electives
- Reduced Active Duty Tuition Rate* of $250 (undergraduate) and $325 (graduate) per credit hour
- Online, flexible programs designed to fit your busy work/life schedule wherever you are
- University policies that protect your ability to return to your academic program after military activation/deployment without penalty
- Priority registration for veterans and servicemembers guarantees a schedule that works for you
- In-state tuition rate for all GI Bill® eligible students (with submission of VA Certificate of Eligibility)
*certain restrictions apply